Friday, November 16, 2012

Teaser-Apollyon by Jennifer L Armentrout




My feet touched the ground and I took a step forward—one, and then another. And Aiden didn’t move. He waited. It was in those eyes of his, the finality of this. He wouldn’t win, he couldn’t and he knew it.     
                                              Aiden accepted it. 

As I reached him, the rain stopped and the clouds parted. The sun followed my footsteps. 
                                          “Alex.” Aiden’s voice was broken.
Like a cobra striking, I took Aiden’s legs out from under him and he was on his back before another breath could be taken. Straddling him, I placed my hands on his shoulders. The marks of the Apollyon
                                 glowed a vibrant blue and raced over my skin. 
I leaned in, placing my lips above his and the words that came out of my mouth were mine… but weren’t. “All moments end, Saint Delphi. And now yours has.” I pressed my lips to the corner of his and 
                                 he flinched. “You are weak because you love.” 
Aiden stared up at me, unblinking. “To love is not weak. Love is the strongest thing there is.”
                                 My lips curved into a smile. Idiot. 

2 comments:

Megan said...

Alex, you're killing me...and Aiden! Stop it!! Please!!!!!

Chyna said...

OMG the Covenat series is my fav!!!!I also love the lux series hehehe New follower! Follow me too pls?
http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs All Images from the Welcome Kit by Glenda Ketcham