Sunday, November 18, 2012

Elixir by Jennifer L Armentrout

Elixir (Covenant, #3.5)Elixir by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First of all, READ DEITY BEFRORE YOU READ THIS LITTLE GEM!!!! THEN RIGHT AFTER YOU FINISH DEITY-PICK THIS BABY UP!!!!


So holy crap! If I wasn't already in love with this series after reading Deity, this novella just took the cake then. Oh gods, my head is so full of emotions. Aiden. Oh Aiden you are truly the most remarkable character I've ever come to know. I really loved this little bit from our beloved Pure's POV. He really is pure....okay well in his own words...."Saint Delphi, my ass." Yes, you really are a saint in my eyes. Gods, the shit he had to endure in this book was so heartbreaking. I cried so much because of his suffering, anguish, despair, guilt. I enjoyed being inside his vulnerable and beautiful mind. Oh the love he has for Alex is so admirable and sweet. I really loved it.


Alex. Oh Alex, at first I wanted to ring your neck. I was so upset with the hurtful words...but then realizing that you were being controlled-making you say such hurtful things to our beloved...nearly unhinged me. I had to remind myself..."Its not Alex. It's not Alex. She'd never say that. She'd never do that. It's not Alex." Over and over until it stuck. Then later in the book, I just cried for you. I was so sad to see you so broken, a shell really. I know there is hope for you. I have faith.

Oh then the rest of the gang; Apollo, Marcus, Deacon, Luke, Solos...even Lea. The way you guys stuck together was wonderful and filled my heart with joy. Oh gods I do love this series the best. Well, the best JLA series that is. It comes close in my top though.

And one of my favorite parts too was during that sweet moment between Deacon and Aiden. I love their relationship and how it seems to be stronger. Aiden, the older brother watching out for Deacon. So awesome! I am so Team DUKE!!!!
But honestly, this was a masterpiece novella....the best I've read in the history of novellas. Ahhhhhh next spring can't come soon enough....I'm starving for Apollyon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!

Photobucket

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs All Images from the Welcome Kit by Glenda Ketcham