Monday, October 15, 2012

CRUSH by Lacey Weatherford

CRUSHCRUSH by Lacey Weatherford
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review to come! Brilliant and amazing!! 'Nuff said!

Edited Review:

So to start this review, I have to say I am a HUGE fan of Lacey's work. Ever since I read Chasing Nikki (which by the way, killed me but I still loved it), I knew Lacey had become a favorite author of mine. I was so excited to hear that she was writing another novel in that series, and I can't wait to get my nitty gritty hands on Finding Chase. I am impatiently waiting for the release! Anyway, so once I read the blurb and saw this cover for CRUSH, I instantly was drawn to this story, even before I got a copy for review. I contacted Lacey and she happily sent me a review copy (she's so sweet) and I was fangirling for like an hour. I was SO EXCITED! Well, I quickly started it and insta love was the first thing that happened. Hunter, oh my Hunter was my new CRUSH! Just like Chase, I fell head over heels for that delish, charismatic hot bad boy. Yes, I did.

One thing I have to say, is that Lacey has a way of creating stories that speak to your heart and albeit, they can be tear-jerky and emotional as all get out, but she really knows how to capture her readers with every story she writes. Now, this is only the second book I've read from her but I know there will never be a book she puts out that I won't like. her writing is captivating, luring and flawless with realistic characters and raw emotions that leave you breathless at the end, and of course in a puddle of tears on the floor. Gahhh, I love her! LOVE HER! Seriously, I am so grateful to have gotten an ARC in return for an honest review. It means alot to me.

So CRUSH was a beautiful story about Hunter, a sexy bad boy with secrets of his own and our beautiful and strong heroine Cami who is just your ordinary teenager wanting to get through her senior year with no real plans set(except to not fall in love with a bad boy like Hunter), and it's about trust, love and friendship. But with secrets, can they make a relationship work???

The characters- I loved them all. I even liked her sweet geeky best friend Clay, even though he had developed feelings for her over the years. She just never knew it and it was weird for her since they knew everything about each other. I felt bad for him but at the same time, I didn't want him to get in the way of Cami and Hunter having a relationship. Hunter, I can't say enough good things about him. I knew I loved him before he even came into the picture. He was sweet, sexy, caring, selfless and I just loved him so much! My heart broke for him at some parts. And then there's Cami. I love a good heroine that you can relate to, and I can relate to her. She's amazing, strong, funny, sweet and innocent and she had great character development-never once annoying me like some heroines do in my books. Nope, not Cami. I loved her. She became my best friend by the end of the book. All of the characters have a special place in my heart and I will always care for them. I secretly have a rendeveu with Hunter in my sleep! Haha

The Writing-I have nothing bad to say about the writing. It's real, it flows perfectly and flawlessly and I really feel like I'm there experiencing the journey along with the characters. Oh and I LOVE a story from the guy's POV and Lacey does a perfect job of weaving both Hunter and Cami's POV without it being all over the place. I loved seeing the story in their eyes and understand what they were feeling at all times. It was incredible, but then again I expect nothing less when it comes to this awesomely talented woman! Lacey has a gift of writing and I can't wait to read future books of hers! Seriously, SHE IS FANTASTIC!!!! I hope to learn a thing or two from her. Go check out her books, you won't regret it!!!

If I could give this book more than FIVE stars, I would no questions asked, but alas I can only give it FIVE so that would have to suffice! THANK YOU SO MUCH LACEY, you rock my world!!!!


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs All Images from the Welcome Kit by Glenda Ketcham