The End is only the Beginning....It wasn't the first time Lieutenant Travis Daniels had been far from his wife and son. Leading an elite team on countless missions, dodging death at every turn-it was what he was trained to do. And returning to his family was always his driving force... but this time might be different. Imprisoned for an unsanctioned intrusion into a hot zone, Travis and his elite team took a deal to assist in the colonization of Mars to evade the death penalty. While stationed there, Travis' only source of sanity were the brief video conversations he was allowed with his family. When the last transmission received showed choppy images of the city in darkness and blurs of humanoid creatures running through the streets, Travis and his team must decide to either stay on Mars or find a way back to his family-unknowing of the hell that Earth has become.
Kevin J. Howard was born in Mission Viejo, California, moved to Seattle at the age of twenty-one, and now lives in Puyallup. He hand wrote his first novel in the fifth grade and has been writing ever since. His first published novel, Faithful Shadow, is a return to the classic horror novel. Since writing Faithful Shadow he has completed four additional horror novels that will soon be published. In 2012, he won an award in the Las Vegas International Film Festival for his screenplay, Identical Opposites. Kevin's latest novel, Precipice: The Beginning, is now available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. The sequel, Precipice: The Retrieval, should be released in the summer of 2013.
Top 10 Favorite Things with Kevin J. Howard
1.Favorite author (dead or alive): Stephen King
2. Favorite Chocolates: See's Candy milk chocolate bordeaux
3. Favorite books that inspired you to write: Stephen King's Salem's Lot, The Stand, and It. I read them back in the fifth grade, and I knew I wanted to be an author.
4. Favorite songs to listen to while writing: This is impossible. My taste in music changes hourly. Mozart's Requiem, Queen, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Alison Krauss, The Beatles, some techno.
5. Favorite destination to live? I would like to live in the beautiful forests near Yosemite, or possibly just outside of Yellowstone in Montana. A small house with an amazing view, and some land.
6. Favorite Musicians/bands/groups: The Beatles, Heart, Green Day, Stevie Wonder, Louis Prima.
7. Favorite movies of all time: The Lost Boys, So I Married an Axe Murderer, Star Wars, Star Trek, Amadeus.
8. Favorite TV program/series? The Simpsons, The Walking Dead.
9. Favorite movie moments: There are so many it's almost impossible to list. The attack on the Death Star in the original Star Wars, Ed Harris slowly falling to what he thinks is his death in the Abyss, the classic moment when William Shatner yells Khan's name in Star Trek II, when you realize Ed Norton is really Tyler Durden in Fight Club, and when Jeff Daniels walks off the screen in the Purple Rose of Cairo. So many wonderful movies out there.
10. Favorite Super Villain: I would say it's probably the Joker. I'm not sure he's a super villain, but he's crazy and cruel, which I think makes him terrible even without super powers. Crazy means unpredictable, and unpredictable means anything. Plus who doesn't enjoy a villain that's always laughing and cracking terrible jokes.
11. Favorite gadgets: I think everyone would agree that the iPhone is awesome. A device capable of connecting you to the world, and it fits nicely in the palm of your hand.
12. Favorite dream destinations: Bora Bora.
a Rafflecopter giveaway