About the Author:
Jay Mims lives about two miles past nowhere, after you turn off the paved road. When he's not catching up on episodes of Scarecrow and Mrs. King he writes, mainly to stave off boredom. In addition to somewhat eclectic tastes in television and movies, Jay reads voraciously. He enjoys compelling stories with strong characters, and will gladly read anything from comic books to Steam Punk, Harlequin romance to Kenneth C. Davis' fantastic history books. Jay enjoys long walks through the countryside, laughing with friends, and learning to draw something better than stick figures. His dearest ambition is to personally thank Janet Evanovich for proving that fast talking characters can be charming and goofy simultaneously. The Cult of Koo Kway will be available for purchase on September 18.
Dan, Abbey, and Doc are all back and so is trouble in this second novel by cozy mystery author, Jay Mims. Dan's sister Jules, high profile criminal defense attorney, has asked for his help with a very dangerous client. Just as soon as Dan takes the case, Doc shows up poisoned on Dan's doorstep and the only clue is a reference to an old movie, The Cult of Koo Kway.
My Review: 4/5
I was not sure what to expect from this book. I think the title of the book confused me and it really threw me off because it's not a title you can really understand. Also, I don't read this genre, so I was a little skeptical about reading it. But it was pretty good and for the most part it met my expectations. Though there were times where I felt confused as to what was going on but as I kept reading I found myself enjoying it more. I can't say whether I will read more in this particular genre but if there is another book in this series, I will probably give it a go and I would recommend this series to those I know would like it. I did like Dan's character. But I want to thank the author and the publisher for sending me a copy of the book. I will check more books out from him.
This or That with Jay Sims
1. Chocolate or Candy A. Death by CHOCOLATE!
2. Coffee or Ice Tea A. I’m Southern, definitely sweet tea. Though coffee does put me to sleep. I’m weird.
3. Boxers or Briefs A. Boxers.
4. Dog or Cat A. I’ve always been a huge dog lover, and now want to get a YorkiePoo. Because screw it, that thing’s adorable.
5. Football or Baseball A. I love both, but will always be more up for going to see a baseball game.
6. Love or Money A. Love. Though I wouldn’t turn down money, which while money can’t buy love, it can certainly rent it.
7. House or Apartment A. Much prefer living in a house, but I currently abide in an apartment.
8. Horror or Suspense (movies) A. I will always love suspense. I’m a big fan of drawing out the scare rather than going for shock.
9. Winter or Summer A. I sweat like an escaped convict, so I’m a huge fan of winter.
10. Angels or Demons A. Hopefully I’m on the side of the angels. Though, I’ve wrestled with enough demons that we’re on a first name basis.
11. Pants or Shorts A. Pants. I love a good pair of jeans.
12. Sports or Video games A. I love a great video game, but that may just be the kid who was always picked last speaking.
13. DVD or Movie theater A. I much prefer movie theaters, but they cost too much, and you can’t watch a movie in theaters in your underwear. Trust me, I KNOW!
14. Ice Cream or Cake A. Cake!!!
15. Shoes or flip flops A. I’m amazingly flat footed, so I really need a good support. Seriously, I walk like I’m Godzilla attacking Tokyo. Much prefer shoes over flip flops.
Smashwords / Amazon US / Barnes & Noble Stalker Links: Facebook / Goodreads